DISCUSSION GUIDE 1212.21
Colossians 3 The New Christian Life
Group Discussion Questions:
- As you reflect on the sermon this week, how did the Holy Spirit speak to your heart?
- What do we learn about God from our passage? Was there any “aha moment” for you? Was there a verse/passage that jumped out to you? Share why the verse or passage struck you.
Note Today we are in Colossians 3. We will get a list of what God is against and what he is for. And in both cases, he is “for” the same thing, that we live as his newly created kids and that we enjoy a thriving relationship with him and others. Why is God so interested in us getting wisdom into our hearts?
- Terry began by talking about wisdom. What is Biblical wisdom, how does it different from what we call intelligence? And why is so important that we have a good grasp of all this?
- How does wisdom bring about change from the inside out?
Read and discuss Colossians 3:1-17
- Identify and discuss some of the many treasures found in this passage. See if you can identify what we want to Believe / Value / Do/
- What belongs to the earthly nature and how do we put it to death? What habits and practices do you need to put to death?
- What characteristics do you need to clothe yourself with?
- What clothing are you already wearing?
- What is the Church, and how are we to live together?