- What does it take for a human to thrive vs. merely survive?
- What drives desires…good and bad?
- What drives envy in your life right now? What tempts you towards jealousy?
Read: Psalm 73
- Why is “preaching to yourself” so important? Where do we see this in Ps 73?
- What happened to cause him to “almost slip?”
- What are some unrealities as well as some realities that he struggled with? (Why did he feel “ripped off”?)
- Read Matt 5:43-46 & 2 Pet 3:3-9. How would you define “Common Grace” and why is it sometimes confusing?
- Envy is a distorted desire, how so? (When is desire positive, undistorted?)
- Why did trying to “work it out on his own” cause further confusion? How did worship in community bring clarity?
- Discuss these three things: “Entered, understood, realized.”
- How can you apply “Entered, understood, realized” to your life when you struggle with envy/jealousy?
- Who do you need to move towards in love and how?
*It need not be the specific person you feel envy towards, but it can be.
- Pray for those people now.