Group Discussion Questions:
- As you reflect on the sermon this week, how did the Holy Spirit speak to your heart? Was there a verse/passage that jumped out to you? Share why the verse or passage struck you.
- How would you sum up chapter 4?
- How doe’s having the mind of Christ help us to stand together?
- Paul said, “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” How does rejoice tie together with standing firm?
Read and discuss Chapter 4
- Read verse 1-3. What does it look like to stand firm? Why is it important? How do we do it?
- What principles do you find throughout chapter 4 for standing firm in Christ?
- As you read through the chapter, look for the Standing Firm Strategy listed below.
- Stand together: have the mind of Christ
- Re-joy your mind in the Lord: continually
- Be a reasonable person…be confident in the Lord…not ruled by passions but by truth
- Pray and live resolutely in the reality of your peace with God
- What do these strategic inputs have in common?
- With this strategy in mind, what are you allowing to shape your heart and mind?
- Share with the group what you want and who you want to be.
How can we come alongside you and help?
Application: Carefully choose to let truth abide in our minds… let it shape our hearts and minds… let the gospel be our life giving passion.
Ministry Partners: Pray for The Michaels Family
Isaac, Suzanne and Ambrose Micheals live in Kandern, Germany, where they are teachers at Black Forest Academy, a boarding school for missionaries’ kids. They recently sent this video to group leaders at River so we could see them “live and in person” and hear first-hand how important our partnership and prayers are for them.