- Does teaching children to say “thanks” actually impact their hearts, do they become thankful?
- What does it mean to have a thankful heart?
- Do I have to feel thankful to be thankful? What does “feeling” thankful even mean?
- Why is an ongoing choice to choose to be thankful a key part of the process of becoming a thankful person?
1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. 2 Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3 Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- The psalm has a simple arrangement; first we’re to be thankful, followed by the reasons why. How are we to be thankful? Why are we to be thankful?
- The work of worship is the choice of worship…regardless of feeling. Agree or disagree? Why?
- How does God use corporate worship to shape us? How have you been shaped through worshiping together?
The following practices can help us to grow in acts of thanksgiving: Say the word’s (Be thankful); Remember the anchor; Learn from others. Discuss each practice. What are some ways you could use these to grow and encourage others who may be struggling?
Pick one of the “5P’s” of evangelism to touch on this week in group.
- Pray—for Relationships
- Prepare—Understand the Gospel
- Pursue—Trust Relationships
- Proclaim—Identify with Christ
- Plan—to Include Others