- Where do you see evidence in our culture of a short-time horizon approach to life?
- Where do you see evidence of the same in your own life?
- In a cartoon Linus told Lucy “I love mankind, its people I can’t stand.” How does this playout in the world around us?
1Cor. 4:2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
Ps 22:30 Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about theLord. 31 They
will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn – for he has done it.
2 Tim. 2:2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
- How do you live with a long-term vision not knowing if it will “pay off?”
- How do you think and live long-term when the immediate is so consuming?
- Is mentoring, investing for you or someone else? Why or why not?
- Do you believe you are responsible to declare the glory of God to the next generation?
- If so, what is your own biggest perceptual or actual barrier so doing so right now?
- How can your group help you?
- Who are you investing in from the generation(s) behind you?
- What does that look like?
- How are you proclaiming the glory of God to them?
- Who else do you need to invest in?
- What is keeping you from investing? How will you change?